Wednesday, August 31, 2011

MUSING ...

AH ... WHERE DID THE SUMMER GO??? ALL THE THINGS I WAS GOING TO DO ... WE HAD SUCH A LATE SPRING ... MY GARDENING WASN'T ALL THAT GREAT. SOME FLOWERS ARE JUST STARTING TO BLOOM. TWO RIPE TOMATOES SO FAR.



     I'm just thinking what I have to get done today ... I did visit the Crystal FallsMuseum Saturday- their last day. I want to go to the museum at Amasa & & I have a coupon for the big Iron River museum.






It's not too late to get stuff done before Winter, tho. My washer broke ... & I need to freshen up the stuff I want to bring to St. Vinnie's. But, to get a different washer ... I then have to clear a trail in the basement to where the washer sits ... & find someone to move the washer here.






What I can do is go check the apple trees ... I do need to bottle some more "pink" applesause, made with the apples from a certain kind of apples. My stash of applesauce is getting low.



I joined the Republic Historical Club.


Above, it is in ... the "Pasco house"



Below is the old Haglund house. This house was moved to the new location. The people there are so nice- the Durfee's. I am making them a "history picture book".








 HERE'S A PHOTO OF WHEN MOM & I WENT UP TO REPUBLIC IN 2006 ... TO THE ISLAND CAMP ON THE RIVER, WHEN BOB WAS STILL ALIVE. NOW, MARCIE IS IN AN ASSISTED LIVING HOME IN CRYSTAL FALLS ... THEIR DAUGHTER, SHELLEY, IS LIVING AT BOTH, SORTING OUT STUFF.






This is my new "Favorite Picture" of my Mom ... oh ... if only we could go back in time. Mom, the older girl, looks so serious; Evelyn looks so cherubic & her attitude hasn't been thru what my Mom has seen.


No comments: