Thursday, August 11, 2011

HORSE SHOW


    Alan had another 2-day horse show ... near Green Bay. IT WAS REALLY HOT Saturday! On Sunday, the sky was full of raggedy black clouds ... it never got quite really rained ... but, kept us cool. At the end of the show, the sun began shining off & on ... we realized how lucky we were that it was cloudy all day!


     Alan participated in several events, as did my daughter, Kathy, and my sister, Sue.


ALAN & HIS HORSE





MY SISTER SUE ... ON RIGHT

FAMILY WITH PONY

DAUGHTER, KATHY

ALAN &  HIS HORSE


     Picking up after the show, I gave Alan a ride around the neighborhood ... picking up the signs. He noticed that my brakes were "growling"... told me to bring my car into his shop & he'd have the guys work on that. Good thing ... an important bolt broke off & we needed a new one ... A RARE ONE! I drove his pickup around Green Bay for several hours, looking unsuccessfully for that one little bolt. At last, I found an acceptable substitute. At home, where I had an appointment at a local shop in Crystal Falls ... it would have cost hundreds of dollars, & I would have been on foot for many days (or weeks). THANKS ... ALAN!!!!






     There are so many summer activities ... I'll have to decide which ones to pick. But, the bank account is again low ... gas costs $$$$, ect.

No comments: