Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Dawn of a New Year

IT'S REALLY COLD ... BELOW ZERO EVERY NIGHT ...



HAVE YOU MADE YOUR NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS YET?







I've really been going thru the corn now that the wild turkeys have invaded! Thank heavens I found out that the local wildlife group provides a feeder & some corn ... WOULD YOU BELIEVE THAT THEIR FEEDER IS MADE FROM A 55 GALLON DRUM! They are going to bring a feeder to me ... it's supposed to be somewhat deer-proof.







The holidays were a busy time. I really did get all my Christmas cards made & sent out. Christmas Day, I drove to Green Bay for a family get-together.


The plans were to brind Maggie back up here ... then go back down for another family dinner. BUT ... THE ROADS WERE SO ABSOLUTELY NASTY ON THE WAY DOWN THAT IT DIDN'T TAKE MUCH FOR ME TO BE PERSUADED TO JUST STAY DOWN THERE FOR THE WHOLE WEEK-END.




The local IGA carries LUTEFISH at Christmas time ... I'll have to dig up my blog entry on LUTEFISH .... It's something that one either Loves or HATES.
 
 
  




L O I S
 

3 comments:

Helen said...

Good for you still feeding the wildlife. That is some cold weather you are having. Ours is colder than usual and will get even colder with maybe some snow Thurs and Fri. Glad that you found some help on feeding those turkeys. Looks like you all had a big family gathering with lots of fun. Your pictures are great.
Helen

Kris said...

Hi Lois,
Very attractive table setting! Are those train tracks? How fun! In answer to your question: Yes, I did make some Resolutions, just a few....I'm going to post mine later today - So...what are yours? : )
Cousin Kris

bettygram said...

You were smart to stay there. the spread looks great. Love those trains.