Saturday, September 17, 2011

It's getting COLD!

In cleaning off my computor ... here's an e-mail that I sent out:







This has been a series of calamities for the past 4-5 months ... three deaths in the family, a trip to Texas to sort my Mom's stuff ... then, my septic tank quit ... it had never given me trouble before. That was during the two-week deer season here .... no septic company answered my phone calls. I've been battling with my old printer, & now the new one. That is hampering my genealogy project! Just when I thought things were looking up ... last week, on the coldest night of the winter ... like 25 below zero ... my furnace quit! When I woke up at 5 am ... it was in the nick of time ... some of the water pipes were ALMOST frozen, but finally started. I got some heaters going & started the clothes dryer so that the warm air would help protect the wash machine & water pipes there. That meant making some wet clothes to put into the dryer. The washer ALMOST didn't start!









AN EARLY MORNING VIEW ... THE SUN PEEKING OVER THE HILL BEHIND THE HOUSE.





A LITTLE BUDDY ... NIBBLING ON A BREAD CRUST.












LAST COUPLE OF NIGHTS ... IT'S BEEN FROSTING








I should have had this bright idea earlier this summer ... I've been painting the house ...


not going to go way up ... THIS IS A TWO-STORY HOUSE.




L o i S






No comments: